MillenEOS Plugin feeds the raw EOSIO data into into the Actions, Blocks, and States tables residing in the MilleneosDB (the database layer). The following dimensions are most representative for a concise description of the inner workings of the plugin:
- Written in Golang, it is optimized for multi-core processing
- Optimized to efficiently utilize servers’ available capacity.
- Designed to scale for an arbitrary number of CPU cores and is optimized to reuse memory, thereby creating a minimal number of memory allocations.
- Utilizes JSON parsing (i.e. unmarshalling) method optimized to minimize the CPU resource consumption.
- Writes in batches optimizing the load/performance ratio on the database layer (e.g. either, 150,000 raws, or everything aggregated in the last 1/sec).
- Stores the EOS blockchain data recording up to a million rows per second, capable of dynamically pre-aggregating data to allow for custom complex queries and economizes on disk space due to large data compression capabilities.
MillenEOS Plugin is simply a middleware connecting the legacy EOS infrastructure with the most important MillenEOS technological layer: the MilleneosDB.